Job Designation: Sr. Technical Engineer – VMware
Required experience (in years)- 4 to 7 yrs
- Infrastructure management & provisioning on cloud (Public) and On-premise data center using VMware vSphere.
- Manage deployment of the applications (microservices) using Kubernetes.
- Setup CI/CD pipelines for automated build & release using Jenkins.
- Configure the system for zero downtime deployment.
- Manage the physical datacenter hardware.
- Troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issues.
- Database administration for MySQL.
- System recovery in case of failure.
- Provide the extensive support to internal team and production issues for customer.
Skills & Experience requirements:
- VMware (ESXi & VMs Management and Troubleshooting)
- AWS Cloud (Must have a good understanding of AWS services like EC2, RDS, VPC, IAM, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation etc.)
- Docker & Kubernetes (Cluster setup on On-prem data center, Deployment of application stack, HELM charts, High availability setup)
- Experience in the design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines using Jenkins
- Linux (Strong knowledge of Linux commands, services and troubleshooting)
- Working experience in basic IP networking
- Scripting Language (Python, shell etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Good to have:
- Knowledge on GIT, Ansible, MySQL database, Prometheus, Grafana
- Technical leadership; ability to act as a subject-matter expert
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Highly collaborative and Customer-centric focused
- Sound judgment and decision making